David Eccles School of Business
Your academic journey begins here:
- Start taking pre-business courses such as BCOR 1010, 2020, and 2040
- Explore with Gen Ed courses
Dive deeper into business:
- Take the upper-division business core to explore how it all fits together
- Pick one of our nine majors to focus your business education
Keep building your foundation:
- Finish up the core
- Stay on track with major requirements
- Enhance your Eccles degree with Gen Eds, a minor, or other coursework
Explore your new home:
Spread your wings - how can you lead in your community?
- Get involved with BLInc
- Attend leadership workshops and trainings, club meetings, and events
- Look into Beacon Scholars
Take charge and become a student leader:
Knowledge & Skills
Learn what you need to know to get started:
Expand your horizons and practice your skills:
- Share your knowledge - become an Eccles tutor
- Take your education global with Eccles Global Learning Abroad
- Practice what you're learning with an internship
Share your knowledge with the world:
- Present or publish your research
- Write an honors thesis
- Use your experience with campus to guide others as a Student Success Outreach Ambassador
How will you grow?
Build towards your purpose:
- Attend a Hinckley lecture
- Join an Eccles or student organization
- Attend a Lassonde meet-up
- Participate in Eccles diversity and inclusion programming
Give meaning to your academic experience:
How will you make an impact?
Use your skills to shape your community:
- Apply to be a Sorenson Impact Fellow
- Join a team at Lassonde and enter a competition
- Combine classroom and global experience with a short-term Eccles Global course
It's never too early for career prep:
Take the next steps towards your career:
- Network at U of U and Eccles career fairs
- Update your resume and cover letter
- Polish your interview skills
- Build on classroom experience with an internship
- Expand student organization involvement
Research and engage:
Start Your Career Journey
Find support at the Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC)
About the Major
- Develop a thorough understanding of the functional areas of business.
- Learn to apply foundational business knowledge through utilization of quantitative, analytical, and critical skills.
- Learn to write and speak clearly and to work within group settings to effectively accomplish personal and professional goals.
- Develop the capability to employ innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and skills as appropriate.
- Become an ethically and globally aware citizen.
Plan & Prepare
At the U, we plan for our students to have an exceptional Educational Experience identified by four broad categories we call the Learning Framework: Community, Knowledge & Skills, Transformation, and Impact. This major map will help you envision, explore, design, and plan your personalized Exceptional Education Experience with the Learning Framework at the core. In addition to assisting you in planning your coursework and navigating the requirements of your major, this map will help you incorporate other kinds of experiences to expand your knowledge, support your development, and prepare you for the future you want.